arttwo50

Buy Original Art on ARTtwo50

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

After the Storm Oil Painting


Okay, so you know that old saying, "After the Storm" -well that had to be the perfect name for this painting. I went with my family to the beach this spring, and it rained the entire drive. After two days of POURING RAIN, we went outside and it was just the most spectacular contrast of colors. Really dark outlines against an almost neutral sky. I knew I had to paint it, so I did one to keep to remember that beautiful day, then I did a couple of small ones, and now we have a Medium size oil painting that gives an IMPRESSION of that day. This has TONS OF THICK IMPASTO oil paint, and LOTS of BRUSHWORK!
Hope you love this.  To Purchase, go to www.recycledwoodart.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment